Leslie relies on her meticulous preparation when advocating for our clients. Her grasp of the key details of a case inspires confidence in our clients that she will work towards finding the best possible outcome for them.
Leslie practices in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution group in the areas of Estate Litigation, Personal Injury and Family Law. She began her articles in June 2018 after graduating from the J.D. program at the University of Calgary and was called to the Bar in July 2019. During law school, Leslie volunteered with Student Legal Assistance and Pro Bono Students Canada. In 2017, Leslie received the Student Legal Assistance – Second Year Volunteer Award for her willingness to take on challenging files and her role as a mentor within the organization. Leslie believes it is important to give back to her community and has also volunteered with Calgary Legal Guidance, Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association and Calgary Reads.
Before attending law school, Leslie obtained a Bachelor of Science with an Honours Specialization in Biology from the University of Western Ontario and a Master of Health Science Degree in Speech Language Pathology from the University of Toronto.
Leslie practiced as a Speech Language Pathologist for four years, primarily in the area of child development. She is familiar with Government of Alberta funding regimes including Program Unit Funding (PUF) and Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD). Leslie brings her experience in child development to her legal practice with a particular interest in matters involving children and those with disabilities.
Court of King’s Bench of Alberta
Alberta Court of Appeal
- J.D., University of Calgary
- MHSc., University of Toronto
- B.Sc., University of Western Ontario
- Admitted to the Law Society of Alberta, 2019
- Appointing a Litigation Representative for an Estate
- Family Maintenance and Support: Balancing Testamentary Intentions with Legal and Moral Obligations
- Estate Litigation and Solicitor-Client Costs
- Wills and Estates: Gifts Contrary to Law
- Privacy, Court Openness and Estate Matters
- Duties of a Personal Representative Under the Estate Administration Act
- Considerations for Trusts for Minor Children
- Requirements of a Valid Formal Will and Validating a Non-Compliant Will
- Family Property Claims Following the Death of a Spouse
- Who Should Administer an Estate When There’s No Will Appointing a Personal Representative?
- What Happens When a Person Dies Without a Will?
- Treatment of Joint Accounts on Death
- Capacity to Execute a Power of Attorney
- Challenging Testamentary Capacity
- Delinquent Child Support Payor – An Unsympathetic Approach
- Surreptitious Recordings In Family Law
- Child Support – The Basics
- Imputing Income for Child Support Purposes: Under-Employed or Unemployed Payors
- Extra-Provincial and Foreign Adoption Orders