No matter the forum, Aida is a fearless advocate for our clients. Her resourcefulness, knowledge and expertise in family law delivers results for our clients.
Aida practices in the Family Law group at Vogel LLP. She represents her clients’ interests in a variety of dispute resolution settings, including courtroom litigation, mediation and arbitration.
Aida’s family law practice includes representing clients at trial and in mediation regarding issues such as separation, custody and divorce. She has also developed a specialized interest in family law issues such as adoption, mobility, and unjust enrichment as it applies to common-law spouses.
Access to justice, leadership and a commitment to continuous learning are values that Aida brings to her practice every day. She volunteers with the Alberta Lawyers Assistance Society, Pro Bono Law Alberta and the Student Legal Assistance program at the University of Calgary on a regular basis. She also served on the Board of Directors of the Children’s Legal & Educational Resource Centre (CLERC) and as a teaching practitioner for the Alberta Bar Admission program (CPLED). In addition, Aida has led panel discussions and delivered presentations on family law for the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association and at the University of Calgary Faculty of Law.
Aida joined Vogel LLP as a summer student in 2011 and articled with the firm in 2012. She regularly attends seminars and courses with the Legal Education Society of Alberta to keep up to date with developments in family law. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, volunteering and staying active.
Court of King’s Bench of Alberta
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Association of Women Lawyers
- Member, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Appointee, Court of King’s Bench Family Law Steering Committee
- Volunteer, Alberta Lawyers Assistance Society
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Volunteer, Student Legal Assistance
- Board of Directors, Children’s Legal & Educational Resource Centre
- Past Presenter, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- Past Instructor, Alberta Bar Admission Course
- Past Instructor, University of Calgary Trial Advocacy Course
- Volunteer, Closer to Home Community Resource Centre
- J.D., University of Calgary
- B.A., University of Calgary
- Admitted to the Law Society of Alberta, 2013
- Tips for the Initial Consult
- Communication Tips with Your Lawyer
- Self Represented Litigants – General Tip Sheet
- The Evolution of Family
- Ctrl. Alt. … Divorce?
- What’s In A Name?
- Adoption – Dispensing with Consent
- Red Deer Justice Centre – Assisting Alberta’s Justice Needs
- Baby Daddy Denied… Again
- The Maintenance Enforcement Program (MEP) Increase in Fee
- Holidays & Divorce – The Best Gift Any Parent Can Provide
- Marriage Fraud: Beauty and the Beast
- Abandonment in the Woods – Child Discipline Gone Wrong
- Alberta’s Maintenance Enforcement Program FYIs: Child Status Reviews and Section 7 Expenses
- The Court’s Discretion – Advance/Interim Costs
- Agricultural Assets – The Farm Divorce