Ava joined Vogel LLP as a student in 2019 and is now employed as an articling student after she received her J.D. from the University of Calgary.
During law school, Ava worked part time at Vogel LLP while volunteering on several legal projects including the Indigenous Law Student’s Association and Pro Bono Students Canada. Ava received numerous awards including the Sheldon M. Chumir Memorial Award in Ethics and Human Rights and Civil Liberties as well as the Grant McKibben Prize which is awarded to a graduating student who epitomizes the energy and spirit of the law school.
Ava completed her Masters of Public Policy, during which she was awarded the Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship. She previously received a Bachelor of Health Sciences (First Class Honours) in 2019.
Ava grew up in Sudbury, Ontario and moved to Alberta in 2015 for university. Outside of the office Ava enjoys spending time with her friends, family, and dog JoJo.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Past Executive, WeSwim Calgary
- Past Executive, Indigenous Law Student’s Association, University of Calgary
- Past Volunteer, Pro Bono Student’s Canada
- Past Board of Directors, Condo Board Association
- BHSc (Honours), University of Calgary
- MPP, University of Calgary
- J.D., University of Calgary
- Spousal Support when the Payor is Retired
- Imputation of Income to a Spouse with a Disability
- How Do Courts Value the “Goodwill” of Businesses in Alberta in Family Property Division?
- What Factors Will a Court Consider When Determining the Division of the Increase in Value of Exempt Property?
- How Will a Book of Business be Treated in Divorce?
- Communication While Co-Parenting
- Capacity to Litigate and Appointing a Litigation Representative in Alberta
- Parenting Exchanges When You and Your Ex Live in Different Locations
- Will My Case be Dismissed for Delay?
- Grandparent RESP Contributions in a Divorce